Saturday, May 29

The Best Fruit Pizza -- different than all the others!

I came up with this recipe for fruit pizza because I didn't like how the flavors of the fruit conflicted with the sugary sugar cookie base.  So, I made the base more like a crust with less sugar than the sugar cookie base/crust and I made the frosting out of cream cheese (cuz I LOVE cream cheese!) and powdered sugar.
It is yum, yum, yummy!!!

Preheat oven to 350, mix together:
1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
3 Tbsp. water

Empty the mixture onto an ungreased 12" pizza pan (it is crumbly).

Then press and roll (I used a drinking cup to roll it flat) in pizza pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Beat and spread on crust:
8 oz pkg softened cream cheese
1/3 cup powdered sugar

Arrange fruit on cream cheese frosting.  My youngest daughter (my baby) took over on this part and created the fanciest fruit pizza I've ever seen!  

She used cantalope (I've also never seen that done before), pineapple, blueberries, kiwi, mandarin oranges, and boysenberries (they leaked juice on the cream cheese).

Cut into wedges and eat up! As my 2nd oldest daughter is showing so well!
 Value #7


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your wonderful comments

Wanna learn something else? Just click.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...