This little table has been in my mother's shed for years. It used to belong to her mother and I had a spot in my house that it would be perfect for, but it needed some work.
I had to sweep it, vacuum it, wash it, then sand it, and fill in holes and gaps.
Now it was ready for some change. I painted the legs black and stained the top with mahogany colored stain (I later found out the color I really wanted was cherry--the mahogany was darker than I had wanted, but it was too late and I didn't want to re-sand it).
Next came the first coat of polyurethane. I did this in the house because it was cold outside. Oh boy, it took a long time for the fumes to die down!
After sanding it with fine sand paper and putting on a 2nd coat of polyurethane, it was done -- yea!!!
I couldn't wait until after Thanksgiving to get out this fabric/stuffed manger scene. The table is short, so the grandkids can reach and play with this manger scene just like my daughters did when they were little.