Thursday, August 8

Another fun headband!



I have wanted to do a super simple crocheted headband for a long time, with optional cutsy things to add to it.
After thinking about it and putting it off, I finally started working on it, and now (I'm typing this as I pat myself on the back) I'm done with the whole project!!!!! 
Wahoo!!!  Woot! Woot!
The crochet headband is so easy.  It uses only a single crochet stitch and a chain stitch.

So let's get started.  I used a size "I" crochet hook and you can use any regular yarn or "Soft" yarn too.  I used Caron Simple Soft yarn.

Here's a link for a youtube howto video I did that shows how to crochet the headband step-by-step:


For a 1" wide headband, start with 4 chain stitches and work 3 single crochet stitches for every row until it is the length you want for a snug fit (not too tight and not too loose).

For a 1 1/2" wide headband, start with 6 chain stitches and do 5 single crochet stitches per row.

For a 2" wide headband, start with 8 chains and do 7 single crochet stitches per row.

If you want to make some headbands with crochet thread, I used size 3 crochet thread and an "F" crochet hook.  For a 1" wide headband, you will start with 5 chains and work 4 sc for each row.

I will talk about the poinsettia, heart, and butterfly in my next post.
Make some headbands fast so you will be ready to add the accessories (heart, poinsettia, butterfly, flower) to them.



I want to thank my cute lil' 2 year old granddaughter for modeling for me.  She really liked the poinsettia on her hairband.  She liked the heart too.  She likes the butterfly best, but I didn't get a pic of that one on her.  Just gotta love her wild red hair!


 She is an angel!  (and a spitfire too -- ha, ha)

4 comments:

  1. Well hello I hope you are all well, it has been ages since we last spoke. I just love this little headband it is so cute and sweet, just have to make it. Have been telling a lot of people about your wonderful tutorials. I do watch a lot of these but have to say that yours are the best of them all, thanks for a wonderful post as always, always learn something new from you. You are so talented.
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorothy,
    It is so good to hear from you. You are so kind. Thank you for your sweet comments. I hope life is treating you very well in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size of a button do you use for your flowers that have 3 parts to them? I watched your video and learned how to make one. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What size of a button do you use for your flowers that have 3 parts to them? I watched your video and learned how to make one. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your wonderful comments

Wanna learn something else? Just click.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...