Friday, September 17

Cookies and Crocheting!

I baked cookies this morning.  For those that know me well, you know that I hate anything to be wasted.  Well, I had a couple of old chocolate candy bars in my cupboard and instead of throwing them away, I chopped them up along with some old white chocolate and made chocolate chip cookies with it.




According to my 4th oldest daughter, (who is the only one that knows about them so far), they are delicious!!!

I also have a hard time following a recipe and following exact measurements.  So, I'll just list what I put in them:
  • butter (1 cube)
  • peanut butter (about 1/4 cup)
  • 1 1/4 c. brown sugar
  • 1-2 tbsp honey
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • some spoonfuls of applesauce
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3+ cups flour (white and wheat mixed)
  • chips
Bake 350 for 10 minutes.


Now that the cookies are done, here is the latest on the slipper project . . .



Picking up from the last post:
Row 4, 5, 6, and 7 continue with 30 double crochets in the round. I have a size 10 1/2 shoe, so if you have smaller feet, you will probably only want to do row 4, 5, and 6, or for small feet do only row 4 and 5.
Row 8:  Just work 23 double crochets.
Row 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 had 22 double crochets.  At the end of row 13, then chain stitch 18 (for the strap).
Row 14: Skip a chain stitch then work single crochets across the rest of the row.
Row 15: Chain 2 and single crochet across until you are 6 stitches from the end of the strap.  Then chain stitch 3, skip 3 stitches, and single crochet in last three stitches. 
Row 16.  Chain 2, single crochet 3, then single crochet 3 more in the buttonhole loop.  Finish single crocheting across the rest of the row.

Okey, dokey, that is as far as I've crocheted so good luck and have a great weekend.
I'll hopefully finish all the instructions next week!

7 comments:

  1. oh my heck ! yum!
    love the crochet!
    i have a new linky blog you can link up your handmades if you wish:
    http://linkhandmade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, do you have the complete instructions for the slipper written up yet? I'd really like to get started on trying these slippers out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have the instructoins for the crtohet headband wiht 4 double crothets ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much I and going to try to make the headband I will write if I could make it=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well didn't quite make the headband but I made a really cute bracelet!!!! =-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bracelet would be really cute. And now you can make a headband to match it (just make it a little longer than the bracelet - lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes=-] I was wondering could you maybe put up how to make a baby blanket because I tried crocheting one and it kept curling...?

    ( one who wrote the bracelet comment)


    ~MusicMaster~

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your wonderful comments

Wanna learn something else? Just click.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...