Tuesday, June 8

LIBERTY

I read the Preamble to the United States Constitution today and it says:

We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union,
establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense,
promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves
and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

After I read it, I got stuck on the phrase "and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity."
I thought I knew what the definition of liberty was, but it was pretty general and I wanted a specific definition of the word liberty, so I looked it up on Google.  Here is what I found:

lib·er·ty (lbr-t) n. pl. lib·er·ties

1. a. The condition of being free from restriction or control.
    b. The right and power to act, believe, or express oneself in a manner of one's own choosing.
    c. The condition of being physically and legally free from confinement, servitude, or forced labor.
2. Freedom from unjust or undue governmental control.

3. A right or immunity to engage in certain actions without control or interference: the liberties protected by the Bill of Rights.

Hmmm, the condition of being free from restriction or control, the condition of being free from restriction or control, the condition of being free from restriction or control . . .

My sister is trying to build a house on my mom's property, it will be a win/win for my mom and my sister.  My mom's property (her home and 1.5 acre yard) has plenty of room for 2 or 3 more homes on it, especially when you consider the size of my .08 home and lot (honestly that is .08 not .8!)
Well, my mom owns her property free and clear -- it is completely paid for.  It is completely her property to do with as she sees fit. (The Founding Fathers were big on the freedom to have and secure property of your own.)  As my mom and sister move forward with their plans, I am completely dumbfounded at all the red tape and bureaucracy they have to go through.  My mom's property truly is not her own, not when government can dictate every single little thing you can and cannot do to your own property.  The money the government demands for permits and fees for each separate thing you want to do to your own property is riduculus.  To be forced to receive government "permission" to do anything to your own property is completely unconstitutional to me.

This is just one same example of our government running amuck with power hungry, controlling, greedy policies that hurt "WE THE PEOPLE."
One other thought, even if you do have your home paid off, just try not paying your property taxes and see if you still feel like you own your home free and clear.

Okay, I'm just venting, this really is the greatest country on earth, but we are losing freedoms continually and the only way to stop it is by educating ourselves on correct principles.  We need to learn about the Constitution within the framework of what the Founding Fathers intended.  Constitutional lawyers intrepret the Constitution differently than what was meant by the Founding Fathers.  Do you think for one minute the Founding Fathers would have allowed the creation of all the government agencies that we have today at our taxed expense?  Do you think the Founding Fathers would have allowed the Federal Income Tax to exist?
Do you think the Founding Fathers would have allowed federalization of banks and health care?
We have got to get back on track before all of our LIBERTIES and freedoms are gone.

1 comment:

  1. I really think that the founding fathers were inspired and that they understood the concept of agency (aka liberty). It's really neat to read those founding documents, they just "got it"..definitely God's hands I'd say!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your wonderful comments

Wanna learn something else? Just click.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...