Wednesday, August 11

Apron Pockets

Remember the apron I made last week?  Well, I decided it would be nice to give it some pockets.
Then, I decided I should spruce up the pockets and embroider on them a little bit (this is how my little projects get turned into BIG time consuming projects, but I'll keep telling myself it will be worth it!).

Here's what I did today:

First I thought it would be cute with a little gather on the top middle of the pocket, so I hemmed the top of some of the left over sheet that I made the apron out of, then did a large straight stitch about 1 1/2" down from the top and gathered it.  Then I sewed over the gathers with a small straight stitch to hold it in place.  I actually cut the pockets out AFTER I did the gathers, because I knew the gathers would pull in the sides of the pockets a little bit, then the pocket wouldn't be square anymore (it'd be off).

I used a brick red floss (4 strands) and did a chain stitch to make flower petals.

I just put the little red flowers wherever I wanted and this is where they ended up.


Then using an outline stitch I sewed on some flower stems (with 4 strands green floss).

Then using a chain stitch again (same as the flower petals), I sewed on leaves.


This is where the stems and leaves ended up.


Then I added some yellow french knots just because . . . I don't know why, maybe I felt like the pockets needed a third color?  I don't know.


This is where the french knots ended up.

Well, there you have it.  I didn't have enough day to sew the pockets onto the apron, we will see what tomorrow brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your wonderful comments

Wanna learn something else? Just click.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...